We provide links to other Internet sites in two sections. The first is for accommodations, festivals and organizations in the Kaslo area to help provide resources to make your stay in Kaslo a great one. The second section links to other museum and historic vessel sites that, although not located in Kaslo, provide excellent historical information.
Informational Sites on Kaslo & Area
– A good resource, includes some accommodation listings.
– Local site includes extensive and up-to-date lists of accommodations, restaurants, services, organizations and tourist attractions.
– Kayak tours, rentals and lessons on beautiful Kootenay Lake, May – October
– Lists performers, event info, admission prices.
– Originally a turn of the century hotel, now an art gallery and live performance venue.
– With links to attractions and events, as well as information on the restoration of Kaslo’s town hall, a designated historical building.
Other Interesting Links
– A sternwheeler snag boat maritime museum located in New Westminster, B.C.
– Located in Vancouver.
– Another of BC’s survivng sternwheelers located in Penticton.
– Great site, great info.
– Located in Langley BC.
– Tons of info on CPR-related subjects.
A huge, informative site.
The Virtual Museum of Canada (VMC) showcases a rich collection of high-quality heritage content online, bringing together in innovative and dynamic ways the stories and treasures entrusted to Canadian museums.
This resource (accessed through the Canadian Heritage Information Network) contains millions of collection records and hundreds of thousands of images from hundreds of museums across the country. It is used by national and international heritage professionals to research and discover the fascinating world of Canadian cultural and natural collections.
British Columbia’s National Trust